Certified Financial Planner, Director, Authorised Representative ASIC #310317
Jason McFadden was born and raised in Lismore, his family were one of the original pioneering European settlers in the area. He attended School and University in Lismore and now resides in Lennox Head. When Jason is not busy advising clients or involved in the running of his business, he enjoys spending time with his wife and the beautiful North Coast outdoors.
Jason McFadden has over 25 years experience in the finance industry and 20 years as a financial planner. He started in the financial services industry in 1994 and has been practicing as a financial planner since 1999. Having dealt with people on a daily basis, from all walks of life and financial circumstances he is well positioned to assist you.
Jason McFadden has guided investors safely through many of the market and economic events of recent years. These include the Russian Debt Crisis, the Asian Currency crisis, the 2000 internet dot.com boom and stock market bust, 911 market crash, market falls during the invasion of Kuwait, the Iraq war and finally the Global Financial Crisis (GFC), just to name a few.
• Bachelor of Business (Accounting),
• Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment,
• Diploma of Financial Planning
• Margin Lending & Gearing Accreditation (Kaplan)
• ASX Accredited Listed Products (ALPA) Accreditation (Kaplan)
• Self Managed Superannuation Funds Accreditation (Kaplan)
• Accredited Aged Care Professional (Aged Care Steps Pty Ltd)
• Certified Financial Planner™ or CFP® qualification from the Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA).
• Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA)
• Justice of the Peace.
• Registered Tax (Financial) Adviser Number 25033553.
Jason established his own busines JPM Financial Planning in 2009 and the business was renamed Pinnacle Advice upon Berenice joining in 2017. Prior to this he headed up the Financial Planning division of The Summerland Credit Union as their Senior Adviser.
For the last 11 years Jason has been involved in the lecturing, teaching and writing of Financial Planning subjects at Southern Cross University Lismore and the Gold Coast. His material has also been utilised in major Universities in Hong Kong and Papua New Guinea.
Jason McFadden is also the author of “Purpose Based Wealth Creation in Australia”. A guide on how to build wealth based on an understanding of what’s important to you.
He provided a fortnightly advice column in the Northern Star from 2010 till 2013 and his opinions on finance matters have been regularly quoted in that paper, as well as the Ballina Advocate and also in the Sydney Daily Telegraph
Named three times one of Australia top 50 planners. In 2003 and 2004 he was named by the coveted Personal Investor Magazine, now the Australian Financial Review Smart Investor Magazine as one of Australia’s top 50 financial planners two years in a row. He again was named in the Australian Financial Review Smart Investor Magazine in 2009 as one of Australia’s top 50 planners.
- 2017 he was named as a Finalist in Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) Magazine Adviser of the year 2017. Goals Based Adviser.
- 2017- Finalist Investment Adviser of the year (IFA Magazine)
- 2018- Finalist Goals Based Adviser of the Year (IFA Magazine).
- 2018- Pinnacle Advice- Finalist Client Service Award- (IFA Magazine)
- 2018 Semi Finalist (Final 6) Adviser of the Year. Association of Financial Advisers.
It’s sounds dull but I like doing Centrelink calculations, tax calculations, going through super legislation, following share and property markets and all that money stuff. but what I really enjoy seeing is clients faces when I use all those tools to help them, there is this wave of relief on their faces that I’ve fixed something, and I enjoy that the most.
Aged Care Advice
Direct Equities and ASX products